Administrative AssistantA Sista's Circle Empowerment Network, LLC
Office and Field Assistant to Professional Arborist.Picture Films
Office Management Internship-Travel StipendBevForce
Executive Personal AssistantRandall Barnes Diamond
Content Writers, Graphic Design, and Office AdministrativeSupreme Maintence
Administrative Meetings InternBookmark This
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
822 West Washington Blvd.
DescriptionWe are a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for your creativity. You will have the opportunity to work in an interesting (and very relaxed!) office located in the West Loop of Chicago. Our members are the best in the field of hand surgery.
This internship is unpaid, although academic credit is available. Hours are flexible—we ask for 15-20 hours a week—and can be adapted to fit your schedule.
People with diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter and academic resume with contact information. Cover letters should incorporate a reference to our core professional beliefs and philosophies.
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “Meeting Planning Intern” written in the subject line.
The internship dates are open and may vary due to school schedules.
All students receiving an offer will be notified via email and, upon acceptance, receive a letter confirming their participation in the program and the information they will need to get started.
Responsibilities• Assist the Meetings Department staff with annual/regional meeting(s) preparation, execution, and assessment.
• Assist with Speaker management requirements and information gathering.
• Assist in preparation and organization of materials for the Annual Meeting.
• Assist with the assembly of registration packets. Print and collate itineraries, tickets/badges etc.
• Process registrations, respond to queries, and help with other meeting preparation as needed.
• Assist in the planning, management and operations of exhibitions and events
• Utilize the latest database and event planning technologies
• Create working spreadsheets and generate reports for all parameters of the exhibition process
• Work with corporate partners in determining logistics for their events during the annual meeting
• Assist in the development of the annual meeting app
• Assist in finalizing arrangements with various meeting vendors (decorator, audiovisual, hotel, supplies)
• Assist in processing update requests both internal and external.
• Assist in regular audits of contact and account record content based on reports and system cross-reference.
Requirements• Working knowledge of Windows 7 programs including Microsoft Office (Excel and
• High degree of professionalism.
• Strong organizing skills
• High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
• Good research and writing skills;
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2010
• Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.