Program and Outreach InternBookmark This
2348 Waterbury Avenue, 1st Floor
DescriptionThe mission of Sapna NYC ( formerly Westchester Square Partnership WSP) is to promote health, empowerment, and social justice in the New York South Asian community. Sapna NYC collaborates with community members and organizations to provide services and develop participatory research projects that reflect the needs and priorities of the communities in which we work.
Sapna NYC is looking for a passionate intern to perform tasks related to our programs and community outreach. The position is best suited to someone who can commit 10-15 hours per week at our location in the Bronx. The internship is unpaid, though a metrocard will be provided for each day of work. We’re happy to assist those in need of academic or community service credit.
Sapna NYC is a developing non-profit that welcomes new ideas and workers who take initiative! If you’re interested in applying please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You’re welcome to contact us at the same address with questions or for further details.
“Interning at Sapna NYC couldn’t have been a better experience. I was given challenging and rewarding responsibilities, but was also encouraged to take the initiative in seeing and responding to the needs of our participant community. From both a social justice and a professional development perspective, WSP allowed me to serve and grow.” - Erin Halstead, Former Sapna NYC Intern
- Coordinate with Director to plan and run the Drop-In Center program, a daily space for community members to gather for activities like films, crafts, workshops, and English conversation practice
- Manage the petty cash records of the office
- Maintain filing system and reorganize paper archives as needed
- Support ongoing outreach efforts, create flyers, and coordinate outreach volunteers
- Provide general office support as need arises
- Fluency in spoken Bengali preferred (proficiency in reading/writing Bengali a plus)
- Experience working and/or planning community-based projects
- Basic knowledge of tech support and troubleshooting
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to balance many different tasks at once
- Sociable and outgoing personality