Public Relations InternBookmark This
50 Hurt Plaza SE
DescriptionThe Veterans Center non-profit organization dedicated helping military veterans whom are disabled, disadvantaged and homeless throughout the State of Georgia. It is our mission and purpose to help all veterans in need of assistance in the Metro Atlanta area.
The Veterans Center looking for a dynamic and energetic Intern. The Veterans Center understand that our veterans are in need of assistance, therefore we are requesting for intern to help us fulfill our purpose to the community. This program will teach interns practical skills and knowledge that will help them in their future careers and contribute to their resume. The majority of the work can be done from home and on your schedule. It is estimated that each intern will have about 10 hours of work each work, although this may vary. After successful completion of the program, each intern will receive a letter of recommendation outlining the work they have completed and their particular strengths in the course.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.