Virtual Interns needed for eBay BusinessDianna Vernee
Growing Non-Profit Seeks Administrative Intern!Save-A-Suit
Community Services Ambassador InternshipBlue Grass Community Action Partnership
Community Services InternshipBlue Grass Community Action Partnership
Paid Internships in New YorkICN GROUP CORP.
Purchasing and Logistic AssistantBookmark This
1100 Marina Way South
DescriptionGalaxy Desserts, Inc., a fast-growing, entrepreneurial San Francisco Bay Area gourmet food company, is offering a training position for a Purchasing assistant intern. The position will provide excellent hands-on experience in an exciting, team-oriented environment. The Purchasing intern will work under close supervision with our Purchasing and logistics Manager.
ResponsibilitiesMonitor ingredient and packaging materials on a daily basis and produce purchase orders as needed
Maintain good working relationships with the current vendors and make sure that the stocking and blanket PO agreements are honored and executed to the maximum benefit of the company
Maintain good working relationship with the operations/production/distribution department and make sure that product shortage incidents are minimal. Investigate the cause of the shortages and change the buying pattern appropriately, if needed.
Analyze labor reports and provide recommendations to improve labor performance. Maintain and adjust labor targets for individual products.
Requirements• Willing and able to commit to minimum 12-month internship training program
• Strong verbal & written English skills
• Solid understanding of accounting principles
• Good analytical skills
• Able to multitask and work well under pressure
• Work well independently, as well as with the company team
• Detail oriented, organized, responsible, personable & friendly
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, vlookup & dsum functions and conditional cell formatting.