Rock out with the Admin Team at the SF Playhouse!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionOverview: Join the San Francisco Playhouse, San Francisco’s fastest-growing theatre company! We are located in a new 199-seat venue in the heart of San Francisco’s Theatre, District, one block from Union Square. In addition to our Mainstage Season, which produces six shows over 46 weeks, we actively engage in the community through our Rising Stars education program and support young professionals in the industry through our Sandbox series of world premieres.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Administration Team! This position is a great opportunity for students interested in a career in arts administration, finance or accounting for nonprofit organizations. Do you have a detail-oriented personality with keen creative thinking skills? This position is for you!
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• The Life of Check – from receipt to processing to allocation
• Proper Accounting Procedures for Nonprofits
• Subscription and Donation Processing
• Basic Administrative Skills
• Filing System Maintenance
• Shadow Contract Writing
• Incoming and Outgoing Mail Management
• How to Facilitate Space Rentals
• Basic Patron Service
• Calendar Management
• You will be an Excel Jockey!
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• Commitment to a Regular Schedule – minimum two days a week, plus donor table shifts
• Commitment to Attend and Assist with Special Events – i.e. Opening Night, Director’s Dinners, Final Dress Rehearsals, and other events as they arise.
• A Charismatic Personality, comfortable talking with patrons in person or over the phone.
• Good Writing Skills and Computer Competence Required.
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task
• A Can-Do Attitude!