Strategic Planning/Implementation DirectorBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
Posted: 573 days ago
Green Lifestyles Network (GLN), is a 501© 3 non-profit organization, and is looking for a Director of Strategic Planning to help us define and augment our goals. Leader for high impact project needed, as Director of the formation of a strategic plan. You will lead a committee of 5-6 people* in developing the first strategic plan.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Analysis of current situation (involves research and analysis)
a) External environment:
• Future trends and strategic issues that will impact on GLN’s mission (i.e., target customer, social trends, related business trends, government)
• “Competitors,” be they explicit (direct) or implicit (alternative lifestyles/sustainable choices)
b) Current internal situation at GLN, regarding:
• products, services, programming and events
• financials (including inflow and outflows)
• resources (including staff, partnerships, etc.)
2) Plan Development
a) Lead development of SWOT, Objectives, Strategic and Tactics, covering product/services, staff/board, and financials. This work is to include operational details needed to implement the strategic plan
b) *team member recruitment may be needed from constituent base; professionals with experience in strategic planning will be most desirable
RequirementsEducation, Experience :
Proven leadership abilities.
Minimum of 1+ year’s experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience.
Marketing background and strong analytical capabilities a must. Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
• You should have the following skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency with research, analysis, and strategic thinking
- Optimally, experience in strategic plan development
- Ability to be creative and ‘think outside the box,’ as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
• Optimally, experience and interest in the following areas:
- Food and wellness
- Media, networking, and partnerships
- Nonprofit management
- Working with boards of directors