Technician InternBookmark This
ThyssenKrupp BILSTEIN of America, Inc.
14102 Stowe Drive
DescriptionThroughout the world, the name ThyssenKrupp Bilstein stands for innovation and high-tech solutions in chassis engineering. With its competitive chassis engineering solutions and with production facilities in Europe, North and South America and Asia, the company supplies a complete range of damping and suspension products. Moreover, ThyssenKrupp Bilstein has for many years, been a preferred partner in motor sports and vehicle tuning.
The intern will work in the Bilstein Technical Center and perform repetitive bench or line assembly operations to manufacture shock absorbers.
Responsibilities- Assembles all parts per customer specifications and inspects for conformance
- Utilize an insertion machine for tube and eye rings assemblies
- Piston rod valving
- Use a torquing machine and a staking machine to torque and stake piston rods
- Use a gas and oil filling machine to fill the tube assembly with gas and oil
- Use a testing machine to test the performance (extension/ compression) of the shock absorber
- Label and insert dust covers on shock absorbers
- Dismantle unacceptable shock absorbers for remanufacture
- Participate and assist in machine changeovers
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements- High School Diploma or GED w/ 1 year certificate from college or tech. school or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in an automotive/ manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to stand & move around the shop for several hours at a time, working with various tools
- Ability to lift 25 lbs, must be able to follow company safety rules
- Flexible work hours, desired start date September/ October 2013
- Ability to work 20 hr./ week