Training and Permanency Programs InternBookmark This
A Better Way, Inc.
3200 Adeline St
A Better Way, Inc. offers a comprehensive approach to foster care, and adoptive and therapeutic services for children and families. A Better Way serves over 300 children and their families in seven bay area counties each year.
Since 1996, A Better Way has provided foster care placements to more than 2,000 children and has finalized 300 adoptions. A Better Way has provided mental health services to close to 2,000 children, many of whom live in our communities’ most impoverished and violence-ridden neighborhoods. In addition to mental health services, we provide intensive support and case management for parents pursuing reunification through our Parent Engagement Program with the help of parents who have successfully navigated reunification process. As a training center for foster parents and service providers, A Better Way provides about 3500 hours of training per year in San Francisco, Alameda and Solano Counties.
Role: Under the supervision of the Training and Permanency Programs Director, the Training and Permanency Programs (TPP) Intern will support all functions of the department. The TPP Intern will assist with data entry after completion of trainings, training event planning/coordination, proctor trainings, conduct resource (foster) family recruitment, help plan the recruitment campaign, and assist with marketing and social media activities. The intern will also assist with data entry as needed to support A Better Way’s Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) tracking system. Other duties as assigned may include administrative tasks, filing, assisting with mailings, etc.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support to the Training Permanency Programs Director on a variety of projects
2. Support training events and assist in resource (foster) family recruitment
3. Copy training documents and handouts
4. CEU tracking, entry and submission to Board of Behavioral Sciences and California Psychological
5. Maintain and update agency website training calendar
7. Perform data entry and maintenance of ACCESS, our training database, as needed
8. Write and/or edit copy for resource family recruitment information, including public service announcements and social media posts
9. Attend relevant meetings, including training planning, resource family orientations/trainings
10. Shop for and coordinate refreshments for trainings
11. Perform other duties as requested
RequirementsQualifications and Characteristics Desired
1. Commitment to the agency mission and to providing service to children and families
2. Experience in non-profit administration desired, but not required
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability and willingness to talk to groups about A Better Way’s work and mission
5. Excellent organizational, computer and time-management skills