Administrative assistantBookmark This
God's Garden Treasures
Posted: December 07 2014
Company Location: Tempe, AZ
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description“Tom L’Italien Arrives in Lynn”, was a sensational news in the recent past. A man with a great vision working for a greater cause was in the news for a very special reason. He set out on a bicycle journey from Flagstaff in Arizona to Lynn in Massachusetts, to raise awareness among people about the growing rate of suicide among veterans. If this news creates an urge in you to do something for the heroes of our nation, join the man in action. Team Veteran Foundation is currently looking for someone with great public speaking skills, people skills, computer skills and networking skills.
Responsibilities include, working in liaison with the owner taking down notes/ideas, mapping the route for Tom’s bicycle journey, identifying and coordinating meetings with dignitaries on the path, writing press releases about the updates and achievements.
Divas, drama queens and deadbeats need not apply. Upbeat, confident, and fun-loving candidates welcome – bring it with a love of life and all the best it has to offer!
• Managing the owner’s calendar, scheduling appointments, interviews and meetings. Exposure to latest applications like google calendar or other similar applications is a plus.
• Interacting with a variety of people on behalf of the individual. This will also include interaction with the press and other media from time to time.
• Working in liason with the owner taking down notes, mapping the route for Tom's bicycle ride in 2015
• Screening phone calls, letters and emails.
• Maintaining an efficient filing/record keeping system to access documents as and when required.
• Working in liaison with the owner in identifying potential clients and building a strong referral network for the business – ability to follow through on initial connections that the owner develops, and supporting the owner in bringing them in as clients and turning them into raving fans.
• Keeping in touch with the business clients on behalf of the owner to sustain good relationships.
• Many other similar administrative, clerical and support duties.
Requirements• Experience in a non-profit organization is preferable
• Interpersonal skills are important, as interaction with a wide variety of people either in person, over the phone or via email, forms a part of daily activities.
• A professional attitude and exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to complete tasks within a deadline.
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite skills.
• Comfortable in a computer environment, various email programs, social media and learns new software programs easily.
• Excellent language and grammar skills is inevitable.
• Pleasant voice and good communication skills is very important.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize depending on business demands is required.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or communications is preferred, and relevant experience that highlights the above skills is required.
Team Veteran’s foundation is a Non-profit organization, with the mission to raise awareness and funding for the fallen, so this will start out as an unpaid internship and later depending on the future business needs and individual performance there is a possibility of a nominal pay. However, the intern will be able to make use of all the resources and also have the opportunity to develop professional affiliation with those in the industry and receive a good referral letter from the owner at the end of the project.