Administrative Intern - UnpaidBookmark This
The Tree of Health Center
55 Newton Sparta Rd
Posted: May 13 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Tree of Health Center is a health and wellness center dedicated to bridging the gap between all healthcare traditions, with a strong focus on noninvasive practices and prevention. Our team of unique healthcare specialists is passionate about health, growth and wellbeing. We are unified to our commitment to truth and compassion in helping others, while providing a meaningful environment filled with love, joy and healing.
Our Vision is a Universal Retreat & Healing Arts Center where individuals come:
To begin or continue their healing process
To engage in personal and professional growth through services, classes, workshops and support groups
To realize their own power, and stand in it with confidence
To feel their balance in living life with truth
To find and keep their inner peace
Our Mission is to create a safe environment where our clients, affiliates and friends of the Center feel accepted, acknowledged and appreciated as they are and where they are in their current life's journey. Committed to understanding that each individual is uniquely beautiful, intelligent and has the divine right to achieve his or her fullest potential through self expression, we create programs to meet the desired health, wellness and spiritual growth goals. We endeavor to provide the best facilitators to develop classes and programs that educate and help humanity evolve. We host healthcare workshops and classes, and create a cycle of success for all individuals by listening to the needs of our clients, patients, community and all who experience "The Tree of Heath Center.”
Intern will provide high-level, confidential administrative support to The Tree of Health Center (TTOHC) Team. Duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with team members. This position is often privy to confidential information and, as such, requires diplomacy and discretion. The intern will work closely with Administrative Manager as well as the rest of the administrative team. Ideal candidate will possess a desire to be involved with natural healing practices and education within the worldwide community.
The internship is unpaid, but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. An internship in the administrative field is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career, gain tangible working knowledge and enhance your résumé as you gain practical experience in the wellness field. We will provide the Intern with a sense of teamwork, with an emphasis on communication to build a strong work relationship with the TTOHC team. Please do not apply, if you are not committed to the hours required, and the vision of TTOHC.
Responsibilities• Clerical duties –Maintain customer database, forms, documents, files and journals for clerical work; care of office equipment and computers
• Paperwork: copying, scanning, printing, filing
• Log maintenance: visitors, supplies, stores, staff attendance, etc.
• Stock up and record supplies – Upkeep of office stationery and supplies
• Ensure that work flows smoothly without delays, maintaining discipline and decorum
• Be the “face” of the organization to people who visit
• Internal and external communication
• Provide information and news – Create notices and disclosures and display them prominently
• Travel arrangements
• Coordinate meetings
Requirements• “People” person; cordial and caring nature; pleasing personality; adept at public relations
• Calm and good composure at all times; multitask with ease
• Self-motivated; conscious of deadlines and timing; prompt in action
• Good communication, writing and typing skills
• Computer savvy
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and costing
• Know how to use printers, scanner, copier, shredder, filing systems, and telephones
• Keen observer and fast learner, attentive to details
• Good at basic arithmetic
• Ability to handle large numbers of people simultaneously
• Rational and objective thinking
• Adaptive to new work environments
• Well versed in official routine, the company rules and code of conduct
• Able to be at the office at least 1 day a week