ADMINISTRATIVE internship for Broadcast Media LeaderBookmark This
2250 E Devon Ave Ste 151
Des Plaines, IL
Posted: August 28 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGET THE INSIDE STORY ON BROADCAST MEDIA & PR WITH A LEGACY MEDIA COMPANY
Are you intersted in how radio happens around the country? Are you comfortable and personable on the phone? Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you like googling and researching? Do you get a feeling of accomplishment for completing a form or color-coding a spreadsheet? Do you like figuring out a way to organize a project better?
Assist the Director of Operations in providing real-world administrative support to all aspects of our company: Production, Editorial, Sales, Social Media, Communications, Affiliate Relations, Client Relations. Be involved in several projects from start to finish, requiring a variety of skills.
MTC is an award-winning producer of two public affairs programs: Radio Health Journal and Viewpoints, heard each week on iTunes, Stitcher and over 800 radio stations nationwide. We seek interns who want to work side by side with industry experts to gain real-world experience in writing, editing, blogging, social media, communications, marketing and broadcast media in close-knit, casual working environment with a team of eight. Our interns have gone on to work for NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM Los Angeles, WAND-TV, ESPN, ABC News, Disney and us.
Check us out:
Responsibilities• Providing customer service to affiliates – daily contact via phone/email to 800+ stations
• Updating affiliate and client databases and generating reports
• Posting on our websites and social media pages
• Transcribe and post weekly stories, pulling out interesting quotes & facts to highlight
• Assisting with communications such as affiliate newsletter and press releases
• Assisting with project management, such as radio media tours and market research
We are looking for juniors, seniors or recent grads who live, work or go to school in the Chicago area. Interns usually work 2-3 days (15-20 hrs) per week, for 8-12 weeks, from 9am-4pm. Year round availability.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, confident phone manner
• Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor
• Proficiency with databases, Microsoft Word/Excel, social media apps
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Filemaker Pro, Google Drive, MailChimp, WordPress
Preferred - Macintosh Applications