Data EntryW. Fieldhealth
Office Intern ~ AdministrationA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Customer serviceSkypes Enterprise
Social Media Management InternA la carte Galore
Opening Act Spring 2017 InternshipsOpening Act
Office Administration/SchedulingInternational Translation Company
Business Development InternPhysna LLC
Data Entry and Information ProcessingEISER
Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Posted: October 05 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe name of the company is (Vertex Pharmaceuticals Company). Joshua Boger, Ph.D., founded Vertex in 1989 with $6 million in venture capital and a dream to create a new kind of pharmaceutical company. After more than a decade at Merck, where he was told that most of the medicines he would work on would never make it to a patient, he left and founded Vertex with the idea that no challenge should ever be too great. From the very first day, Vertex has pushed the boundaries of what’s possible in medicine with the simple goal of improving the lives of people with serious diseases.
Our history is rich with “firsts.” Vertex scientists were the first to publish the crystal structure for the protease of the hepatitis C virus, an achievement that led to the creation of the company’s first approved medicine, and we were the first – and are still the only – company to have multiple medicines in development that target the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that aims to discover, develop and commercialize innovative medicines so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Mass. and headquartered in Boston’s Innovation District, Vertex today has research and development sites and commercial offices in the United States, Europe, Canada and Australia.
Responsibilities- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape
- Managing and following up on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education