Community Services Ambassador IntershipBookmark This
Bluegrass Community Action Partnership
285 Beasley Drive
Posted: December 22 2014
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBluegrass Community Action Partnership is 501C3 private non-profit corporation that works to reduce the causes and conditions of poverty. The agency has dedicated resources to enable low income earing, disadvantaged and disabled families and individuals of all ages and ethnic backgrounds to attain skills, knowledge and motivation to become more self sufficient. BGCAP has nine Kentucky Counties in its primary service area: Anderson, Boyle, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott and Woodford.
Bluegrass Community Action Partnership is accepting applications for a Community Services Ambassador Internship. The Community Services Ambassador Intern will receive hand on training resulting in extensive knowledge of not for profit programs that increase economic security of Kentucky families and communities. The internship will provide the chosen candidates and opportunity to work alongside BGCAP staff on projects that have a meaningful impact. The internship will take place at the Bluegrass Community Action Partnership Administrative Central Office at 111 Professional Court, Professional Court, Frankfort, KY or at one of the outreach offices in Anderson, Boyle, Franklin, Garrad, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott or Woodford counties. Interested candidates should email resume to Vicki.email@example.com or call 859 872 8182.
Responsibilities* Provide administrative support to Community Services Programs Director and Community Developers in Anderson, Boyle, Franklin, Garrad, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott and Woodford Counties.
* Provide assistance with case management services, financial assistance and referrals.
* Provide outcome measurement reporting assistance for federally funded and local programs.
* Help facilitate programs for low income and vulnerable individuals and families.
* Exercise strong interpersonal communication skills over the phone and in person.
* Create content for and disseminate information through community calendars, flyers, brochures, various outreach materials, social media sites, press releases and success stories.
* Assist with health insurance enrollment.
* Assist with community and outreach events.
* Assist with fund raising events.