Office InternVulcan Electronics
Rotational Internship with Business owner/managerVulcan Electronics
Real Estate Executive AssistantYour Town & Country Real Estate
Admin Assistant Intern- Immediate FillArielle Mills
Administration and Database AssistantBoston Neighborhood Network
Customer Service Rep/AdminMedical Guardian
Administrative AssistantDonna Gamache Global
Convention Sales CoordinatorBookmark This
701 PIKE ST STE 800
Posted: September 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWork for a Tourism Industry Leader
Visit Seattle now hiring a Convention Sales Coordinator to join our team of dedicated, service-oriented professionals. This is a busy position supporting up to four National Account Directors. The Convention Sales department works to promote Seattle as the best destination for conventions, meetings and exhibitions. The main function of the Convention Sales Coordinator is to provide administrative support to the National Account Directors.
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated self- starter who takes initiative, is extremely organized, who exhibits excellent and consistent follow through, creativity and maturity. There are lots of moving parts in this position, so candidate must be able to handle multiple projects and priorities with poise, dedication, accuracy and efficiency. We’re looking for someone who understands and embraces Visit Seattle’s mission, who is highly service and team-oriented and able to deliver consistently top-level service to both internal and external customers. This position requires a lot of contact with clients and partners so the successful candidate will be very personable and professional in their communication style and demeanor. The ideal candidate has a true interest in working and growing in the hospitality industry. This is a full time position with paid medical, dental, vision and a 401k program with employer matching.
About us: Visit Seattle, a private, nonprofit marketing organization, has served as Seattle/King County’s official destination marketing organization (DMO) for more than 50 years. The goal of these marketing efforts is to enhance the employment opportunities and economic prosperity of the region. For more information about us, please visit our web site at www.visitseattle.org.
ResponsibilitiesList of Essential Job Functions:
• Provide administrative sales and services support for National Account Directors to include organizing, typing, copying, collating and filing materials.
• Preparation of correspondence and reports as directed by National Account Directors.
• Manage room block commitment forms and prepare bid books.
• Process and distribute leads.
• Coordinate appointments and itineraries for site inspections and other schedules.
• Maintain client files.
• Gift assembly and delivery.
• Space Rate Proposal and audit preparation and distribution.
• Provide phone coverage for the receptionist as needed.
• Assist National Account Directors with tradeshows, FAMS and special events.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2 years relevant administrative experience required.
• Hospitality experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong service approach with both internal and external customers.
• Consistently positive attitude and professional demeanor.
• Able to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain organization.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language, English, used in the workplace.