ADMIN & MARKETING INTERNSHIPNu Republic
Personal AssistantThe Single Wives Club
Logistics InternITOCHU Prominent USA LCC
Office ManagerArmstrong World Industries
Data Entry AnalystANTHEM Inc.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ( DIGITAL )EISER
Data Entry and Information ProcessingEISER
Data & Demographics InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 West 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: October 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible to work on a variety of projects including: Assist with data collection and analysis of trends in attendance and sales of earned revenue programs, market research, and demographic trends of the Museum visitor.
The winter/spring internship will work on the following projects:
• weekly reports in regards to attendance and sales trends
• aid in maintaining Play for All demographic on-going reporting and mid-year report
• maintain average Museum visitor profiles by program
• aid in tracking and maintaining data on Membership in preparation for the newly renovated museum.
Major Job Accountabilities
The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Membership and Sales department.
• Data collection and analysis in regards to attendance, sales, market demographics and other business metrics using Galaxy Ticketing System, excel, pivot tables, and Survey Monkey.
• Gather, maintain, and provide timely and cumulative tracking reports.
• Research and trend tracking in regards to current Museum and cultural organizations best practices, price and service comparisons and innovative ideas for growth potential.
• Package relevant data analysis and research into an easily understood presentation format, including PowerPoint’s, excel charts, word documents and use of the graphic designer as needed.
• Update staff and interns in processes and current status of tasks to create continuous line of communication and work flow. Instruct future interns when possible to aid in training process.
NOTE: Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships. Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials are submitted.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field such as marketing, communication, business
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
4. Computer skills, including word processing.
5. Ability to work well with people.
6. Excellent analytical thinking skills.
7. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel.
8. Previous knowledge of Survey Monkey and Raiser’s Edge helpful.
9. Self-starter, able to take initiative.