Administrative AssistantThe J.M Smucker
Office InternSpitra technologies,Inc
Business Administratve / Intern AssistantBOSCOR'S CLEARANCE
Administrative Assistant PositionBF Configurations LLC.
Administrative Assistant- Innocence Era Productions- Music GroupInnocence Era Productions
Administrative asst internWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Office InternUnited Technology
Proposal WritierMobile Office Communications, Inc.
Data EntryBookmark This
Posted: September 27 2016
Company Location: Manhattan, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 20 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionData entry clerks are sought after by many companies in a wide variety of industries, ranging from government organizations to privately owned corporations. Most organizations do not require any education higher than a high school diploma, but some employers may require a bachelor's degree. Usually, the prospective applicant should have at least one year of experience in a related field. The data entry clerk needs to have proficiency in using software such as Microsoft Office. The data entry clerk will be working in an office environment.
The main responsibility of the data entry clerk is to provide support for data entry aspects of the company. Depending on the employer, this can include entering paper documentation into a computer database and transcribing information from phone calls and recordings. It is important that the data entry clerk is capable of working efficiently and accurately and that he or she follows the guidelines and standards set forth by the company. They may be asked to ensure that data rosters are kept up to date and that the information is easily accessible when needed.
Some employers may also request some clerical responsibilities, such as answering phone calls, ensuring office equipment and supplies are in order, and receiving mail. The data entry clerk will usually report to a manager and may work with clients or customers directly.
ResponsibilitiesData entry is all about speed, accuracy, and attention to detail. A data entry clerk enters information into computer databases for effective record keeping. Daily responsibilities include:
1. Organizing files and collecting data to be entered into the computer.
2. Analyzing the data for errors.
3. Reporting problems with the data.
4. Accurately entering information into various computer programs.
5. Keeping sensitive customer or company information confidential.
Requirements1. Broadband internet connection. DSL and cable are usually allowed but satellite, dial-up and wireless Internet connections are usually not. A wireless network inside the home is sometimes allowed, but many companies will require that computers are connected directly to the internet.
2. Land line phone service. Cell, VOIP (i.e Vonage) and cable phones are not often not acceptable. However, there are some companies now who don't require any phone line because connection is all done through the internet. Of the companies that do require a landline, many require it be a dedicated phone line separate from your home phone. Calling features on the phone line, such as call waiting, call blocking and voice mail, are often not allowed or must be disabled.
3. Corded telephone (with buttons not on the handset) if a phone line is used.
4. Corded (not wireless) telephone headset with a noise-canceling microphone.
5. Instant message account. Occasionally something like Yahoo Messenger is required but often companies have their own systems.
6. Skype or other teleconferencing service. Occasionally this is required but it is free.
7. Email account. A few companies require specific provider.
8. Web browser.
9. Printer. Not all companies require printers.
10. Quiet, private work space. Most companies will require that your workspace be in a separate room with a door and even a lock.
11. Some equipment that could be required but typically isn't: paper shredder, locked file cabinet, fax and back-up battery power supply.
SkillsRequired - Typing, Computer, Organisational Skills, Good communication skills, Administrative Assistant, Numeric Filing, Phone Manner, Verbal Communication, Customer Care
Preferred - Typing, Computer, Organisational Skills, Phone Manner