HR Intern: Rescue Mission of UticaBookmark This
212 Rutger Street
Posted: May 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries.
Description: The HR Intern will serve to assist the Director of Human Resources and support team with a wide range of human resource functions and projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation and employee benefits.
For Interns without a Bachelors Degree: One Year Multi-Year Work Study Internship
- Provides a work study internship with free tuition in City Vision University for full year paid by hosting ministry.
- Online courses providing accredited degrees in Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies, Urban Mission, and Business Administration.
- Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student (up to $5,645).
- Expectation is typically 29 hours of volunteer work with 16 hours of class work per week (45 hours total).
For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org.
• Assist with maintaining the electronic applicant log.
• Provide administrative support with phone calls, filing, faxing, scanning, etc.
• Update and coordinate HR forms/processes utilized throughout the Mission.
• Coordinate packets for new hires, interns, benefit eligible and separated employees.
• Maintain and update the departmental bulletin boards with required posters.
• Coordinate pre-employment efforts as needed.
• Conduct research for HR projects.
• Assist with HR audits to ensure Mission is in compliance.
• Perform back-up duties for other HR functions as assigned.
• HR support team will present additional learning opportunities as they arise throughout the internship.
• Studying Human Resources, Business Degree or related field.
• Relevant experience helpful.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Self directed, able to work independently and within a team.
• Enthusiastic support of our Mission Statement and Vision.
• Student member of SHRM is a plus.
-At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
-Must be a Christian
-U.S. or Canadian citizen, U.S. or Canadian national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
-Able to make at least a one year (or summer) commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)