Administration AssistantSocar Energy Switzerland
Customer Service RepresentativeViscalom Incorporated
Customer service assistantSocar Energy Switzerland
Office InternMogul Mommies Inc.
Office assiantUniversal xd cleaning service
Marketing Intern/ Personal AssistantDesire Swimsuit Collection llc
admin assistant & operations supportraffaele ruberto llc
(Fall, Spring, Summer) Real estate Company looking for interns - Must be able to get college creditReal Estate
Institutional Development/SupportBookmark This
Uptown Dance Academy
167 East 121st Street
New York, NY
Posted: April 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded by Robin Williams, Executive Artistic Director, an ABT Certified Project Plié Partner and Fellow at School of American Ballet. Uptown Dance Academy, Inc. is a 20 year old government funded Arts organization that specializes in exposing underserved and undertrained dancers to a unique training system that is a Fusion of Certified Ballet, Acrobatics, Horton, contemporary, and traditional jazz.
The intern, in collaboration with the Board and EAD, will help to build a robust annual fundraising plan that includes individual giving, events, corporate partnerships, and foundation grants. The intern will serve as the organization’s main contact with donors regarding UDA news and events, and will also serve as the organization’s representative at artistic and cultural events.
Responsibilities* Assist in processing gifts and drafting acknowledgement letters
* Assist in researching current and prospective donors
* Create, manage, process, and coordinate all event invitation mailings
* Update contact information for returned mail
* Work with Marketing and Outreach Intern on upcoming events and promotions for audience development.
* Staff all special events
* Assist in preparing proposals and submitting applications for grant or scholarship funding
* Write blog entries and contributing as a dance writer to news publications
* Write press releases and respond to press inquiries in a timely and effective manner
* Process event invoices and track events expenses
* Facilitate, along with a graphic designer, a website overhaul and design new print materials
Requirements* Bachelors degree required
* Excellent communication, writing, and customer service skills
* Interest and/or experience in non-profit management and/or arts administration
* Marketing competency and demonstrated experience in marketing, including market strategy, demand generation, market research, and marketing communications
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Adobe Creative Suite, Web Editing, Photo Editing, Video Editing