Executive Assistant Intern (Virtual)Producers vs Show
Office Admin InternDrive Rite Academy
Health Care AdministrationEmpowerCare
e-Commerce Manager/MarketingBespoke Moda
Bid & Proposal InternsAce Info Solutions
Data Entry ClerkJuanvardcompany
Internships / Administrative AssistantOasis Fabric Inc
Office InternHuniie Inc
Museum Programs Coordination InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 West 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: October 11 2016
Application Deadline: December 17, 2016
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for assisting the Museum Programs Team with daily logistical functions necessary to run the Museum’s full programming line-up. This may include completing a variety of administrative duties to support the Museum Programs department, assisting with scheduling, taking inventory and ordering supplies, collecting and calculating program data, assisting with program-related communications, coordinating logistics for special programs and activities and special projects to improve department processes. 1-2 interns needed.
NOTE: Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships. Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials are submitted.
RequirementsMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in this internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Museum Programs Coordinator.
• Administrative tasks such as: plan and prepare for new Museum, routine and special programs, complete special projects as assigned. Pre-screen staff & intern applicants and assist with selection process and initial training.
• Document regular and special programs weekly and as needed through photos and video, maintain electronic photo/video files, create monthly slideshows with program highlights.
• As needed, assist with daily program set up and clean up. Fill in as a program facilitator on the Museum floor for short periods of time. Assist where needed on the Museum floor on high-traffic busy days.
• Act as event lead during special programs and host for external event partners. Meet, greet and assist program guests (performers, volunteers, etc), assist with set up and clean up, including sound system set up as needed. Provide training for event volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Some post-secondary education in a related field.
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
4. Computer skills, including word processing. Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus.
5. Ability to work well with people. Strong written and oral communication skills.
6. Preferable skills/experience: experience working in an administrative role, customer service, volunteer experience, leadership roles, experience working/volunteering in family-oriented environments (interacting with adults and children together), previous event coordination, and/or previous experience working with children.