Office Admin InternBookmark This
The Onyx Company
2444 W 16th St Suite 4R
Posted: August 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAmericans are generating more plastic trash than ever, and very little of it gets recycled. Plastics and their byproducts are littering our cities, oceans, and waterways, and contributing to health problems in humans and animals.
Renew Packaging works to eliminate the unnecessary use of plastic while using a compostable product line to educate and grow composting. Composting is nature’s oldest way of recycling in which all organic material is collected and converted into a nutrient rich soil amendment.
Renew Packaging manufactures 100% compostable film that is used to make shopping bags, trash liners, and food packaging in a variety of colors and styles for diverse mix of industries.
Headquartered in the Little Village neighborhood of Chicago. The position available is ideal for any college student who is looking for hands on business to business experience and has a passion for sustainability. We are a for profit business that understands social capitalism is the wave of the future.
Renew Packaging works with local universities, both airports and dozens of other food service locations. Our company is growing at a fast pace and an exciting time in Chicago as composting only continues to grow.
Responsibilities- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
RequirementsDemonstrate learned business development thinking.
Display proficiency in gathering and analyzing first-person, human intelligence.
Have the ability to engage clients on any level.
Use information obtained in an opportunity identification and qualification process to make intelligent decisions concerning viable business prospects.
Serve as a catalyst for changing the way your organization conducts business.