Data AnalystViscalom Incorporated
Business Administration InternThe Thaddeus Foundation
Event Specialist InternshipColorado Promotional Group
Data EntryFidelity Health Care
Front desk representativesFidelity Health Care
Documentation Specialist (Paid Internship)Northwestern Mutual
Real estate Investor AdministrationBroadmoor realty acquisitions LLC
Office InternBookmark This
Alyscia Cunningham Photography & Film
Posted: August 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA & C Books, LLC is a publishing company owned by Alyscia Cunningham, an author, speaker and photographer based in Washington, DC. Cunningham focuses on social-change projects that challenge the media's idea of women and beauty.
Her first book, Feminine Transitions, highlights the beauty of females through unaltered photography (no Photoshop). She is currently working on a 2nd photo book and documentary titled I Am More Than My Hair: Bald and Beautiful Me, which celebrates the beauty of girls and women who've lost their hair due to medical conditions. Read more about Cunningham's projects at www.Alyscia.com.
The Office Intern's main responsibilities will be to provide administrative duties including setting up appointments, creating letters for potential sponsors and art galleries as well as scheduling speaking engagements.
As for the marketing aspect, it is not necessary but definitely helpful to hired someone who knows how to market A&C Books, LLC books and speaking inquiries to various colleges and organizations. We hold most of our speaking engagements with women's/girl's organizations, women's studies programs and aging groups.
Responsibilities- Connect with various Women's Studies Program coordinators with the goal of setting up speaking engagements
- Compose letters to be sent out to galleries, women's groups/organizations and speaking opportunities
- Identify news sources and bloggers and submit PR for upcoming project
- Identify potential sponsors and submit sponsorship package
- Follow up with all sources in a timely fashion (on date and time promised)
- Organize and collect progress reports
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
Requirements- Understands how to implement goals
- Must be dependable and able to work independently
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Experienced persuasive writing skills
- Understand and appreciate art and photography
- Connect with the theme of my books, which speaks of embracing our natural beauty as girls and women
- On board with social change projects and women empowerment
SkillsRequired - Business Letters, Pitch Letters, Administrative, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Women's Issues
Preferred - Bid Writing, Article Writing, Promoting, Attraction Marketing, Women's Health, Corporate Sponsorships, Sponsorship Marketing