Administrative Intern wanted for the upcoming semester - All majors can applyReal Estate Investing
Office InternVulcan Electronics
Rotational Internship with Business owner/managerVulcan Electronics
Real Estate Executive AssistantYour Town & Country Real Estate
Admin Assistant Intern- Immediate FillArielle Mills
Administration and Database AssistantBoston Neighborhood Network
Customer Service Rep/AdminMedical Guardian
Office InternBookmark This
47 Fifth Ave
New York, NY
Posted: October 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 1871, the Salmagundi Club is one of the oldest art organizations in the United States. Housed in an historic brownstone mansion in Greenwich Village, New York City, the Club offers programs including art classes, exhibitions, painting demonstrations, and art auctions throughout the year for members and the general public.
The Salmagundi facilities include three galleries, a library, an elegant period parlor, and a restaurant and bar with vintage pool tables. All facilities are available for special events and private rentals.
The Club owns a collection of over 1,500 works of art spanning its 140 year history and has a membership of nearly 850 artists and patrons. Its members have included important American artists such as Thomas Moran, William Merritt Chase, Louis Comfort Tiffany, N.C. Wyeth and Childe Hassam. Today the Club builds on this legacy by providing a center for the resurgence of representational art in America.
The Salmagundi Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities- Organize and collect progress reports.
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
- Greet all visitors and members.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and direct calls or take messages.
- Assist in troubleshooting technological and other equipment problems.
- Assist in maintaining Club Calendar for meetings and events.
- Assist with mailings and preparation materials.
- Assist in maintaining the coat check area.
- Maintaining table of promotional flyers and sign-up sheets.
- Receive all mail and distribute to staff and members and facilitate outgoing mail.
- Respond to general correspondence and phone messages or forwarding the inquiries to the proper parties.
- Filing and other administrative duties (such as maintaining availability of in-house promotional materials, application and accessible office supplies).
Requirements- Experience answering high volume phones
- Perform well in environment that values efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Office experience a must