Administrative Assistant/Office ManagerCohen & Steers
Administrative AssistantWhirlpool Corporation
Data Entry ClerkIclployalty
Data EntryUnited Group Limited
Administrative Assistant InternPHIDAS
Administrative AssistantGlobus Medical Inc.
OPERATIONS INTERN, WINTER 2015/SPRING 2016Bookmark This
Physicians for Human Rights
256 West 38th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: November 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn internship in PHR’s operations department provides an opportunity to gain direct experience in supporting a global nongovernment organization. This internship is ideal for anyone looking for a career in non-profit management.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will be mentored by the HR Manager with the aim of becoming familiar with a broad spectrum of operations functions including administration, human resources and information technology.
The intern will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments might include:
• Creating and maintaining an effective staff recruitment and outreach strategy
• Maintaining the smooth and effective functioning of an office
• Liaising with IT service and internet providers to troubleshoot basic phone and internet problems
• Developing and updating office systems and inventories
• Database management
• Organizing events
Requirements• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree in business administration, nonprofit management, international relations or a related field
• Interest in and commitment to human rights
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally in a multi-faceted organization
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to data accuracy, and follow-through
• Openness to working with individuals from all different backgrounds
• Self-motivated and able to “own” projects from start to finish
LOCATION AND HOURS
• The development intern will be based in PHR’s New York office in midtown Manhattan
• Will require a minimum of 20 hours/week
• Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules
• The position will commence as soon as possible, with at least a 3-month commitment
• This is an unpaid position with an opportunity for school credit
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Operations Intern Winter 2015/Spring 2016” in the subject line.