Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Houston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Human Resources InternIntuit Company
Public Relations InternIntuit Company
Office InternIntuit Company
Public Relations InternUniversity of Maryland, Baltimore County
Human Resources InternUniversity of Maryland, Baltimore County
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Project ManagerThink Dream Live Foundation Inc.
OPERATIONS INTERN, WINTER/SPRINGBookmark This
Physicians for Human Rights
256 West 38th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: November 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn internship in PHR’s operations department provides an opportunity to gain direct experience in supporting a global nongovernment organization. This internship is ideal for anyone looking for a career in non-profit management.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will be mentored by the HR Manager with the aim of becoming familiar with a broad spectrum of operations functions including administration, human resources and information technology.
The intern will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments might include:
• Creating and maintaining an effective staff recruitment and outreach strategy
• Maintaining the smooth and effective functioning of an office
• Liaising with IT service and internet providers to troubleshoot basic phone and internet problems
• Developing and updating office systems and inventories
• Database management
• Organizing events
Requirements• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree in business administration, nonprofit management, international relations or a related field
• Interest in and commitment to human rights
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally in a multi-faceted organization
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to data accuracy, and follow-through
• Openness to working with individuals from all different backgrounds
• Self-motivated and able to “own” projects from start to finish
LOCATION AND HOURS
• The development intern will be based in PHR’s New York office in midtown Manhattan
• Will require a minimum of 20 hours/week
• Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules
• The position will commence as soon as possible, with at least a 3-month commitment
• This is an unpaid position with an opportunity for school credit
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Operations Intern Winter 2015/Spring 2016” in the subject line.