Administrative and IT AssistantDaewoong Pharmaceuticals
Professional Development Administrative AssistantGreezie KidStyles, LLC
Administrative AssistantReliance Capital Limited
Administrative asst internWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
looking for people interested in learning about Admin/MarketingAlta Vista Group
Administrative AssistantIOOF Holdings Limited
Administrative / Internship AssistantJoules Design Inc
Intern - Workforce Engagement, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Project Management AssistantBookmark This
16700 Valley View Ave, Suite 400
La Mirada, CA
Posted: October 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCENIC connects California to the world - advancing education and research statewide by providing the world-class network essential for innovation, collaboration and economic growth. The nonprofit organization operates the California Research and Education Network (CalREN), a high-capacity network designed to meet the unique requirements of over 20 million users, including the vast majority of K-20 students together with educators, researchers and other vital public-serving institutions. CENIC’s Charter Associates are part of the world’s largest education system; they include the California K-12 system, California Community Colleges, the California State University system, California’s Public Libraries, the University of California system, Stanford, Caltech, and USC. CENIC also provides connectivity to leading-edge institutions and industry research organizations around the world, serving the public as a catalyst for a vibrant California.
Reporting to the Director of Operations the Project Management Assistant works within the Project Management Office to support planning and direction setting for multiple concurrent projects of varying size, including small, medium and large-scale projects. This position is responsible for providing analytical and administrative support to all projects in concert with the respective Project Managers. This is in line with the delivery of CENIC’s service commitments on schedule and within budget using internal and external resources, and following CENIC standard policies and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesThe following section details the primary responsibilities and duties of the role and is not a comprehensive list. The Project Management Assistant is expected to perform these duties in the normal course of work. Non-essential responsibilities, those considered peripheral, incidental or a minimal part of the job, are not specified in this section.
● Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the broadband industry
● Supports functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal/external communication
● Coordinates and attends project meetings; follow-up with outstanding tasks
● Participate in project design meetings and recommend improvements as needed
● Prepares records of project activities; oversees and ensures the timely processing in and the delivery of required materials
● Research, collect, and evaluate project data necessary to meet project reporting and evaluation requirements
● Responsible for maintenance of the project: plans, schedules, trackers, meeting minutes, and CENIC customer facing connection portal(s)
● Ensures data integrity within all project documents and reporting platforms
● Build and maintain effective relationships with the project team, project sponsors, senior managers, stakeholders/customers, other project team members and managers, external teams, agencies and vendors
● Establishes and maintains internal and external project contacts as necessary
● Co-ordinates between multiple project managers to identify opportunities for standardization
Requirements● Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant work experience may be considered in place of degree
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to learn new concepts readily and think creatively
● Highly-driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
● Experience in high tech environment and/or working on technical projects is preferred
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong ability to work well with others
● Ability to work cross functionally for deliverables across multiple workgroups
● Demonstrably solid analytical and problem solving skills
● Excellent oral and written communications skills
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Well-organized with impeccable attention to detail, resulting in thorough and accurate work
● Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment