Registration Rep CandidateBookmark This
Paragon Biomedical, Inc.
Posted: September 16 2016
Company Location: Irvine, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 40 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for a personable, motivated and detail-oriented person for our fast-paced tax office. Professional office experience a plus.
A hospital patient registration specialist is often one of the first people a patient sees when entering a hospital. In addition to accurately gathering information from clients, hospital patient registration specialists execute various administrative functions, such as reception and clerical work.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting department documents and information.
* Strong Military men and woman needed for this job also.
* Verifies information by comparing information to original source; recalculating totals.
* Completes documents by entering/typing data from source materials
* Revises documents by entering/retyping edited data.
* Verifies documents by proofreading and rechecking requirements.
* Maintains historical records by filing documents.
* Secures information by completing data base backups.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Maintains work flow by sorting and delivering information.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Data Entry Skills, Word Processing, Thoroughness, Supply Management, Organization, Typing, Attention to Detail, Decision Making, Informing Others, Internal Communications, Results Driven
ResponsibilitiesRegistration specialists help assign beds and carry out procedures to admit, transfer, or discharge patients. They also input patient information into a computer system and verify necessary physician referrals and insurance authorizations. All tasks must be performed with close adherence to both hospital rules and regulatory compliance. Hospital patient registration specialists must make sure that clients properly fill out and sign all relevant insurance and hospital release forms.
The job also requires that the registration specialist explain financial options to patients. It also might involve the collection and processing of payments. Additionally, a hospital patient registration specialist must keep an accurate record of payments received and then provide patients' insurance companies with the proper paperwork that reflects all related transactions. Registration specialists often need to maintain and balance a cash drawer as well.