Summer Internships at ISC - Membership DepartmentInternational Sculpture Center
Customer Service Representative / Compensation $50,000 to $65,000 Annuallyfairyland Solar
Research and Communications InternBookmark This
United Breast Cancer Foundation
205 Depot Road
Huntington Station, NY
Posted: January 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInternship positions are available at small non-profit organization that is focused on assisting clients with Breast Cancer. We are looking for Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer Intern with an interest in learning all aspects of a nonprofit business.
An internship is an ideal way to experience the variety of tasks, roles, and responsibilities within our organization. In this program students are actively engaged in duties that include research, event preparation, management of data, and other administrative tasks.
Responsibilities• Assist in a variety of projects related our organization such as:
o Event preparation and participation
o Receiving Phone Calls
o Assisting with general administration of the business
• You must be flexible to work in team-oriented tasks and individual-oriented tasks
• You must be motivated to increase outreach of UBCF's mission
• You must be willing to share ideas
• Write and Publish Articles on Wordpress Blog
• Write and Publish social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ on a daily basis
o Analyze the effectiveness of social media impact weekly and propose ways to incorporate the findings in future posts
o Brainstorm and work with team to develop ways to expand social media outreach
o Assist with current and upcoming social media campaigns
• Researching, identifying, and contacting appropriate print and digital media outlets for features, and collaborations
• Researching and contacting via phone and email to potential sponsors and/or partnerships
• All interns must complete their internship with a Final Project and Final Documents
o Final Projects are flexible and unique to each individual’s major or interest
o Final Documents are a set of documents showcasing all the tasks you have completed at your internship with UBCF
RequirementsIn this program, candidates are actively engaged in duties that include research, event preparation, management of data, and other administrative tasks. Interns should be available to work full-time when necessary; however, this is a part-time position with some flexibility. You are required to work for a minimum of 96 hours for the entirety of your internship.
You must be motivated to increase the outreach of UBCF's mission. You must also be sensitive to UBCF's cause, interest and connection.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Team-oriented, Phone Etiquette, Goal Oriented, Social Media Blogging, Able To Multi-task, Gmail, Responsible, Collaborative Working, Time-efficient, Individual Work, Google Drive, Article Writing
Preferred - Event Planning