Intern - Volunteers ServicesAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern - Mass CareAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Marketing RepresentativeReliance capital Limited
Business Development / Sales RepReliance capital Limited
Data Entry, Customer Service, Phone Ringer, PayrollTeva Pharma LTD
Administrative Assistant/Office internReliance capital Limited
Data Entry ClerkReliance capital Limited
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings
Posted: May 11 2016
Company Location: Purchase, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAtlas began operations in 1993 with one aircraft, a Boeing 747-200. During the 1990s, Atlas experienced substantial growth as customers realized the benefits of long-term leasing to meet their demands.
In 1997, Atlas placed an order for 10 new, more advanced Boeing 747-400 freighters, with an option to purchase up to 10 more. By 1998, demand for its services was so strong that Atlas increased its order to 12 Boeing 747-400Fs. By the end of 2000, the Atlas fleet had grown to a total of 36 aircraft.
In February 2001, Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings formed its current holding-company structure with Atlas Air as a wholly owned subsidiary. In November of that year, AAWW acquired Polar Air Cargo, Inc., an all-cargo, scheduled-service carrier, from GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS). The acquisition added global, scheduled-service operations to AAWW’s existing portfolio of products.
After restructuring in 2004, the company began trading on NASDAQ as AAWW in 2006 and was also named to the Russell 2000 Index. In September 2006, the company launched a generational re-fleeting initiative by entering an order for new-technology Boeing 747-8 freighters.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment