Volunteer Program InternshipBookmark This
25 W 3rd St
Posted: October 11 2016
Application Deadline: December 16, 2016
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/16/17 — 04/17/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHere at ArtsQuest, we are looking for creative, energetic, and driven interns who are passionate about the arts, music and education. If you want to be involved in the day-to-day inner workings of a dynamic and entrepreneurial non-profit arts and entertainment organization, work hard and have fun while earning college credit in the process, we want YOU!
Our extensive programming allows our interns the opportunity to participate in some of the biggest events and concerts that come to the Lehigh Valley. The ArtsQuest Internship Program caters to a variety of different majors with opportunities in our marketing, development, performing and visual arts, and volunteer departments.
ArtsQuest interns are given the tools they need to be successful through hands on supervision and mentorship. Aside from accepting full time positions here at ArtsQuest, some of our brightest interns have gone on to further their careers by joining fortune 500 companies, touring with A-list bands, and even starting their own successful companies.
The Volunteer Program Intern will assist in the coordination of year-round volunteer activities for ArtsQuest such as events at the Banana Factory, SteelStacks, Christkindlmarkt, Oktoberfest, Musikfest and other festivals and events! This internship provides great, real-life experience for students studying degrees in Human Resources, Psychology and Business. This is an ideal position for someone who loves meeting and engaging with passionate members of the community.
Responsibilities• Preparation of materials for training; coordinate logistics required to train volunteers
• Coordinate food requirements as necessary for the volunteers
• Attend internship fairs to represent the organization
• Attend community and corporate events to assist in recruiting volunteers
• Assist in scheduling and preparing materials for volunteers
• Prepare correspondence, answer questions and handle volunteer requests
• Be available to assist on site with events as necessary
• Interns are required to work at least 16-24 hours per week or as needed to fulfill credit requirements
Requirements• Currently enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate degree program
• Prior experience volunteering is a plus
• Ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines
• An interest or passion for the arts
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a time in a fast paced environment
• Prior experience with personnel and event management is preferred