Social Media Assistant - Advertising Agency in Akron, OhioAnthony Thomas Advertising
in house in NYC intern position with career opportunity in 2-3 months for ADVERTISING WIZARDSlivesupportgroups.com
Business Management/ Marketing and Advertising Paid InternshipAmplify Inc.
Marketing & Advertising AssociateXcell Enterprizes
Concentric Internship Program – Summer 2014Concentric Partners LLC
Advertising/Copywriting/Graphic DesignBookmark This
University of MO Extension SBTDC Cape Girardeau County
684 W Jackson Trail
DescriptionThe University of Missouri Extension SBTDC of Cape Girardeau County is a very aggressive, fast paced client focused business development center. We serve nine counties in Southeast Missouri and our clients consist of start up and growth focused entrepreneurs. We provide services related to helping busineses get started, marketing, business planning, focusing on solutions to problems they are having, and training on entrepreneurial topics to name a few.
The successful candidate will be working with an award winning 20+ year vetern in the marketing/advertising/public relations industry. As a previous owner of three businesses, he understands the entrepreneur mindset and will work hard to help the client succeed.
The internship will be housed at the center located at 684 West Jackson Trail in Jackson, MO. Some travel may be required but expenses will be reimbursed. This address is the location of the University of Missouri Small Business Technology Development Center of Cape Girardeau County.
The hours of the internship are flexible depending on your schedule and the total credits you need.
I want to do internships for students because the one I had in college allowed me to see the professional world outside of books and had a lot to do with me getting my first job. I also learn more from the students with their can do attitude. Students see things differently and I like that because it gives me a new set of ideas.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Write copy for collateral materials and advertisements as required for client project completion
- Research media strategies for client's needs
-Develop creative advertising campaigns and single media ad creation
-Work with clients
-Work within the budget given
-Attend client and team meetings when possible
- Create, practice and present client pitches
-Writecopy for advertising and public relations purposes
-Prepare collateral materials that are print ready
-Help client implement advertising strategy
-Conduct market reserach to help determine ansewrs to client's needs
-Advise, create and implement web & social media campaigns
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
-Know basic findamentals of advertising methods and techniques
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Strong presentation skills
-Be organized to handle a fast paced environment
-Be creative and innovative with ideas
-Be detail orientated
-Be self-driven but able to take direction
-Be versed in social and web media