Fun internship at a chic, high energy tech start up for womenBookmark This
720 Monroe Street
DescriptionDo you tweet, check-in and use Facebook every day, all day? Is building an online community a major part of your life? Are you passionate about new and exciting ideas? If so, then an Internship with Mommies247 will be perfect for you. We are a parenting and events website dedicated to being THE one-stop destination for information, social events, deals and education for the mommie set. We are focused on building a community to support moms and moms-to-be, while helping drive customers to local businesses.
Our Interns play a crucial role in the further development of our online presence, as well as our real world identity. This is a bit of a jack (or jill) of all trades position as it’s all-hands –on-deck as we are constantly on the move. We’re in an exciting time of expansion in a fast-paced online market. We are offering college credit, the ability to work with a startup company that is poised to make a big splash and the opportunity to have a great time while doing it.
Responsibilities• Write and send tweets and Facebook updates
• Generate and send weekly email newsletter using MailChimp?
• Monitor our web traffic and social media impact using Google Analytics
• Foster the online community at Mommies247 and elsewhere ?as we grow
• Write viral blog posts that help drive traffic to our site
• Participate in brainstorm activities
• Research and writing
• Create documentation and keep internal systems up-to-date
• Office administration and general duties
• Visit future locations and hand out informational postcards and spread the word about upcoming events
• Call prospects to set up meetings for Advertising Opportunities in communities outside of Hoboken
• Get deals from local businesses for our internal “groupon” opportunity
• Work the booth at community events
RequirementsMust be a go getter, self starter, with a strong work ethic. Willing to think outside the box and work as a team to get goals and events completed.
Marketing major a plus