Graphic Design InternBookmark This
She'DA Enterprises Inc.
DescriptionShe'DA is an artist development, management & branding firm that caters to the overall needs of the artist from beginner to well established entertainer. As well as, an event organization company that caters to the needs of the independent artist in all forms of artistry. We host an annual event entitled The Atlanta Urban Arts Renaissance which is a grassroots events whose dedication, "is committed to promoting, exposing & supporting artistic culture from an urban perspective by providing a platform for artists to contribute to the rebirth and respect of prominent artistic infusions in the Atlanta arts community and abroad."
We are looking for the right Graphic Design interns that can assist with the demands of our growing business and upcoming projects by making professional flyers and other company designs as needed. This position will be virtual and in office when needed. Intern must be highly PROFICIENT with Adobe Creative Suite Programs, particularly InDesign CS6 and Photoshop CS6 or higher. Must have strong layout, topography and organizational skills.
Description of Graphic Design Position:
This position requires an organized, positive and responsible person who can work independently to meet deadlines that are often very tight. The graphic designer will work with scans/digital files of original artwork from outside, licensed sources, manipulating the artwork in Photoshop to create greeting cards, calendars, and social stationery and gift products for sale to small, medium and large retail stores, specialty catalog companies, non-profit organizations, and more. Job entails defining patterns in Photoshop, silhouetting images, creating writing area patterns, and manipulating art to fit in various orientations and product types to create visually appealing, functionally useful product canvasses. High degree of creativity is required. Expert knowledge of Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS6 is a must, as is the ability to create cloned areas and elements quickly and effortlessly. Artistic talent is necessary and at times is an absolute requirement to design aesthetically appealing, functionally useful work. Please provide printed portfolio/samples of work (non-returnable copies only!) or link to online portfolio when applying for position.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback