Marketing Student Needed for a Children's Bookstore & GalleryBookmark This
Gas-Art Gifts LLC
2050 Lawrenceville Hwy, North DeKalb Mall,
DescriptionGAS-ART GIFTS bookstore, gallery and studio is owned and operated by award-winning children’s book illustrator R. Gregory Christie. It is located in North DeKalb Mall and here we bring inexpensive art classes to the the local community, offer visitors the opportunity to observe a working artist in his studio and sell art all in one place.
Mr. Christie, has illustrated more than 50 books, created numerous album covers, illustrated for many magazines, designed a postage stamp, a poster for the subway cars in New York City and a major Jazz festival poster. Some of his awards include a NAACP Image Award, three Coretta Scott King Honor Awards in Illustration , a Theodor Seuss Geisel Award, A Boston Globe Horn Book Award and two New York Times’ 10 Best Illustrated Children’s Books of the Year Awards.
*This is an unpaid internship but if interested art or art classes are offered as a barter. It is intended for any student seeking experience on helping with the marketing and promotion for a small business as we do community outreach.
We require 7 hours a week with a 2 month minimum. The owner and artist needs marketing/ advertising specialist to help with branding and organization of his store's products and services.
Responsibilities- Ideas for the store's promotion
- Assist in managing store operations
- Help to market the store's products and services
- Help to design online flyers and promotions
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook knowledege
Requirements- must be organized
- **positive attitude and great work ethic**
- ** a professional phone manner and business demeanor**
- ** Website and Wordpress knowledge would be phenomenal!
- Demonstrate attention to details when posting