Content Writer / Editorial Intern for a Video Content Agency in Los Angeles, CAForge Apollo
Campaign Management / Strategy InternConnatix
Editorial / Journalism InternElite Sports & Entertainment Management Agency
Marketing and Social Media InternLooney Advertising & New Media
Account Management InternCatch
Marketing / Sales / Advertising InternshipOcatasi
Advertising / Marketing Internship - Paid - Training ProvidedMarketing Consultants of Orlando
Advertising & Analytics InternVOX Global
Social Media InternBookmark This
Susan G. Komen Chicagoland Affiliate
8765 W Higgins Road, Suite 401
Posted: September 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Susan G. Komen®
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982 that promise became Susan G. Komen® and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, Komen is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. The Chicagoland Affiliate, established in 1997, is one of over 100 Affiliates in the U.S. Since 1997, Komen Chicago has invested nearly $16M in local programs, funding potentially lifesaving services for underserved and uninsured men and women.
Responsibilities• Research and create content for social media posts, including breast health/breast cancer awareness, education and news items
• Clarify objectives and track progress of social media growth
• Create social media calendar for upcoming months
• Research and report on new social media trends and services.
• Write new content for Komen Chicago Facebook, Twitter and other accounts to promote Komen’s programs and drive website traffic
• Work with staff and social media virtual volunteers on training and social media updates
Requirements• Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
• Passionate about social media
• Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Web and/or graphic design experience preferred
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university