Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) Sustainable Agriculture Internship ProgramNorth Carolina State University
Outdoor Horticultural Display InternshipLongwood Gardens
Nursery Management InternshipLongwood Gardens
Arboriculture InternshipLongwood Gardens
Greenhouse Production InternshipLongwood Gardens
Food Scientist - InternBookmark This
J.R. Simplot Company
16757 Simplot Blvd
DescriptionInternship – Food Scientist, Caldwell Idaho (Plant Sciences)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. Currently, we have a Food Science Internship position open with Plant Sciences in Caldwell, Idaho. This position is a full-time, 6-month, cooperative internship beginning in January 2014 and concluding in June 2014.
What’s in it for you?
This internship opportunity is designed to provide real exposure to food science research that will help you achieve your educational and career goals. You will have an excellent opportunity to work with other food scientists in an exciting area of potato biotechnology and product development.
• Provide support to the food scientists in project research, data collection, and reporting.
• Assist with experiment execution.
• Make observations and provide feedback relative to experiments at all stages.
• Opportunity to conduct your own research as assigned by the senior food scientist.
• Candidate must be willing to work at any level of project execution ranging from planning to clean-up and everything in between.
• Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office software.
• Current enrollment in an accredited college/university food science program
• Completion of the sophomore year
• Must maintain a passing GPA
• January – June 2014
• Click Apply Now if viewing this posting from the Simplot website OR
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All open positions
• Apply to Job ID #1615
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*