Merchandising InternBookmark This
Neal Mast Greenhouses
Green Bay, WI
DescriptionNeal Mast Greenhouses (NMG) is a wholesale grower of high-quality indoor and outdoor potted plants. Our state-of-the-art greenhouses cover 22 acres of indoor production and 15 acres of outdoor growing space, in four locations. From our docks in Grand Rapids, MI we ship our plants to retail stores in 48 states. We take great pride in being one of the country’s largest growers of premier indoor and outdoor potted plants. In addition to our plant production, we run a merchandising program for a big box retailer in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. For more information about Neal Mast Greenhouses, please visit www.nealmast.com.
We are currently seeking Live Goods Merchandising Interns to support the development and execution of departmental strategies and business objectives within our Retailer’s Garden Centers. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience within the following areas of study; horticulture, agriculture, biology, logistics, retail merchandising, and marketing. These are paid internships, and may qualify for college credit or work study. (Please see your academic advisor for your college or university’s requirements.) NMG will be glad to assist with evaluations and feedback.
The Intern will ultimately learn what it takes to be successful in the live goods business. Through his/her daily tasks, the intern will see how his/her actions impact the business, gain hands-on experience understanding business strategies and presentation, and hone their time-management skills.
The program start dates range anywhere from mid February to mid March and is flexible on a case by case basis (dependent on location and your school schedule). The program ends anywhere from June to July.
Responsibilities• Weekly store visits to assigned Stores
• Set Garden Center displays (all live goods categories) by unloading product off racks and effectively merchandising onto benches and other fixtures
• Build Impact displays.
• Assist stores with understanding and following their Garden Center layouts, best watering and merchandising practices
• Communicate Walmart Corporate Garden Center direction to Walmart store employees
Requirements• Previous customer service experience
• Strong interpersonal skills – works well within a team
• Teachable attitude
• Ability to multi-task
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Able to work un-supervised
• Flexible schedule that will accommodate weekend work
• Must have a valid state drivers license, insured/reliable vehicle, phone, and computer access