Equestrian Business InternshipsWest Coast Morgans, Inc.
Viticulture InternDelicato Family VIneyards
AmeriCorps VISTA: Kaua`i Youth & Food Programs CoordinatorMalama Kauai
Goat Dairy Operator -May PositionKira's Kids Dairy
Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
On-Campus Internship - $23/hr - NationwideVeryones
Fall Farm InternEarth Dance Farm
Horticulture and Garden Plant Expert - Experience RequiredGardens that Grow, LLC
Grow MarylandBookmark This
Grow & Fortify, LLC.
6247 Falls Road, Suite G
Posted: March 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGrow & Fortify, LLC seeks interns during the fall/spring/summer semesters to assist with organizational development, marketing, research and event management. Grow Maryland aims to support the state’s value-added agriculture producers by developing an organization to provide educational, marketing, and regulatory programming and support to farmers whose business models include value-added products and/or agritourism opportunities.
ResponsibilitiesScope of Internship:
• Organizational development – Assist staff members with the establishment of a new non-profit organization
• Special events – Assist in planning and managing conferences, field days and educational seminars
• Research – Assist with the development of a comprehensive database of producers, economic impact analyses and regulatory frameworks.
• Communications – Assist with the development of a social media and marketing plan to most effectively communicate with agricultural producers, agriculture groups, elected officials, agency representatives, and the general public.
• Grant writing and funding – Assist staff with identifying grant, sponsorship and funding opportunities. Assist with grant research and writing.
Additional Experience the Interns May Gain:
• Governmental Relations – managing relationship between Grow Maryland and elected officials through strategic communication and meetings.
• Association Management – attend Grow Maryland meetings and manage internal communications.
Internships are unpaid and interns are expected to assist in Grow & Fortify’s Baltimore office for at least 8-10 hours each week. Some duties may be performed out of the office. Grow & Fortify offers reimbursements for mileage and expenses while at the internship.
Students interested in applying should send resume and cover letter via e-mail to:
Janna Howley, Operations Manager
Grow & Fortify, LLC
RequirementsSuccessful candidates will have willingness to provide educational, marketing, and regulatory programming and support to farmers whose business models include value-added products and/or agritourism opportunities, and:
• Willingness to learn organizational development skills and strategies;
• Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
• Respect deadlines;
• A self starter and proactive;
• Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment;
• Thrive in a high pressure environment;
• A strategic and creative thinker;
• Have extreme attention to detail.