Summer Internship!Spensa Technologies
Oregon Goat DairyAlsea Acre Goat Cheese
Internship on Bison and Yak RanchPine Mountain Ranch
produce and livestock farmLaurel Brook Farm, LLC
Sustainable Agriculture Summer InternCalleva
Sustainable Agriculture Spring InternCalleva
Agronomy Scouting TechnicianAnez Consulting, LLC
Agronomy Technician; Remote Sensing SpecialistAnez Consulting, LLC
Grow MarylandBookmark This
Grow & Fortify, LLC.
6247 Falls Road, Suite G
Posted: March 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGrow & Fortify, LLC seeks interns during the fall/spring/summer semesters to assist with organizational development, marketing, research and event management. Grow Maryland aims to support the state’s value-added agriculture producers by developing an organization to provide educational, marketing, and regulatory programming and support to farmers whose business models include value-added products and/or agritourism opportunities.
ResponsibilitiesScope of Internship:
• Organizational development – Assist staff members with the establishment of a new non-profit organization
• Special events – Assist in planning and managing conferences, field days and educational seminars
• Research – Assist with the development of a comprehensive database of producers, economic impact analyses and regulatory frameworks.
• Communications – Assist with the development of a social media and marketing plan to most effectively communicate with agricultural producers, agriculture groups, elected officials, agency representatives, and the general public.
• Grant writing and funding – Assist staff with identifying grant, sponsorship and funding opportunities. Assist with grant research and writing.
Additional Experience the Interns May Gain:
• Governmental Relations – managing relationship between Grow Maryland and elected officials through strategic communication and meetings.
• Association Management – attend Grow Maryland meetings and manage internal communications.
Internships are unpaid and interns are expected to assist in Grow & Fortify’s Baltimore office for at least 8-10 hours each week. Some duties may be performed out of the office. Grow & Fortify offers reimbursements for mileage and expenses while at the internship.
Students interested in applying should send resume and cover letter via e-mail to:
Janna Howley, Operations Manager
Grow & Fortify, LLC
RequirementsSuccessful candidates will have willingness to provide educational, marketing, and regulatory programming and support to farmers whose business models include value-added products and/or agritourism opportunities, and:
• Willingness to learn organizational development skills and strategies;
• Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
• Respect deadlines;
• A self starter and proactive;
• Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment;
• Thrive in a high pressure environment;
• A strategic and creative thinker;
• Have extreme attention to detail.