Horticulture and Garden Plant Expert - Experience RequiredGardens that Grow, LLC
Landscape Architecture InternJekyll Island Authority
Sales and Marketing InternshipDelta Plastics of the South
Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Live on or off site, FT or PT Horse Care/ Farm ManagerZavu's Place
Early Season Farm InternEarth Dance Farm
Summer InternAmerican Seed Trade Assn.
Summer Sustainable Farming InternshipCommunity Harvest Project
Hydroponic Greenhouse WorkerBookmark This
B.V. Farms Holdings, Inc.
1450 W Hwy 290 Unit 1204
Dripping Springs, TX
Posted: January 09 2017
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionB.V. Farms Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the hydroponic specialty produce industry that operates state-of-the art hydroponic greenhouse facilities in Central Texas. We cultivate leafy greens and specialty produce for the wholesale and retail markets in the Southwestern United States.
Greenhouse Associates are responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company's cultivation operation from seedling to harvest. Essential functions:
• Supports Operations management/supervisors in various ways such as planting, transplanting, harvesting, packing, and other duties as assigned.
• Maintains the cleanliness of growing areas and may assist in monitoring and documenting plant growth.
ResponsibilitiesCompetencies/Additional Requirements include:
• Attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Willingness to learn
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., planting and transplanting, harvesting, packing, and other assigned duties ).
• Physical requirements include walking, standing, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing carts and carrying flats and growing media.
• Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
Minimum Education: High School diploma/GED
Experience: Indoor horticulture operation experience preferred, but not required.
Age: Must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen/Lawful Permanent Resident
Preference given to students with horticultural course work