Animal Care InternPlumpton Park Zoo
AmeriCorps VISTA: Kaua`i Youth & Food Programs CoordinatorMalama Kauai
Fall Farm InternEarth Dance Farm
Live on or off site, FT or PT Horse Care/ Farm ManagerZavu's Place
Internship at Wildlife Wonders/ North Georgia Zoo & FarmNorth Georgia Zoo and Petting Farm
Hydroponic Greenhouse WorkerB.V. Farms Holdings, Inc.
Farming InternCommunity Greenhouse Partners
Goat Dairy Operator -August PositionKira's Kids Dairy
Soil Conservation InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
Posted: January 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Soil Conservation Internship for students interested in Conservation and Preservation. Soil interns are science technicians that monitor, regulate and research soil in the United States. This internship will prepare students for positions as Soil Technicians, Environmental technician, Soil and water quality specialist, Soil Scientist, Conservation Planner and many more.
Responsibilities• Monitor and correcting erosion
• Create a green soil program
• Turf grass management
• Chemical application
• Monitor and collect soil samples to determine harmful impacts on the soil that may have damaging effects on plant and animal populations in the area.
• Test soil for non-native soil types, pollution and depletion of minerals due to poor agriculture practices.
• Take samples to determine the soil type and presence of pollutants.
• Take soil samples and determine if minerals and other characteristics are present that may indicate the presence of a desired element of considerable value.
• Documents soil sample researches and provides report on findings to supervisor.
Requirements• Background or major in Soil Science, Geology, Conservation, Plant Science, Botany, Crop Science, Agronomy, Natural Resources, Rangeland Management, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Engineering, Resource Conservation or another discipline closely related.
• The ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Comfortable using computers and should have great communication skills
• Familiar with survey equipment