Video/Animation/Media InternBookmark This
HUB SOMA, 901 Mission St, Suite 105/B11
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionBe part of the founding team of the ODE!
ODE is for dictionaries what Wikipedia is for encyclopedias.
LearnThat Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, manages two programs:
1 - LearnThatWord.org, a comprehensive online vocabulary solution, and
2 - the new Open Dictionary of English (ODE), an online, wiki-based dictionary with focus on information conducive to learning (usage samples, video, images, audio from around the world, forum, etc.)
Location: HUB SOMA, 901 Mission St, Suite 105, San Francisco, CA 94103,
The Hub is an open office community of social entrepreneurs. You will attend regular meetings and work independently, yet collaboratively, within the team. You need to be proactive, organized, and good at following up and communicating.
LearnThat Foundation also considers virtual work arrangements.
Your weekly work hours, internship duration, and working hours are flexible. Your schedule will be developed jointly. Rolling Deadlines
We are looking to build a talented and smart media team with a passion for language and education to spread our vision via online videos and animations. This internship is on volunteer basis. You will get prominent credits for published work.
Our goal is to develop a library of story telling videos.
Some will focus on our program and how it helps certain student populations.
Others will focus on how lack of education/literacy affects people. Literacy tends to be invisible, because those affected often feel ashamed of their problem. The goal is to tell stories that show the problem and the people and the hope.
Lastly, we will establish an ongoing program to produce free lesson plans for schools.
* Develops concepts and approaches that are easy to realize, simple, and effective,
* Shares lessons learned with the team,
* Participates in meetings and brainstorming sessions as needed,
* Commits to working in the team and value collaboration as much as the final product.
RequirementsSkills: You should be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an art/animation/video/media or related program. You are outgoing and thoughtful, and have a vibrant interest in the mission of our program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing.
* Able to work effectively within a team,
* Takes pride in their work, whether it’s as videographer, editor, designer or storyteller and commits to continuous growth,
* Is passionate about our goals and mission and able to communicate it well,
* Solid computer skills, secure command of the English language.