Architect / Design InternshipStone Street Properties
Construction Plan DraftsmanPure Blue Energy
Intern ArchitectFish Design and Architecture
Design Assistant InternshipEncore Flooring & Design
ArchitectureGreen Architectural Design
Landscape Architect InternCity of Palm Coast
Interior Design InternAron Developers
Architecture/ Interior design internshipbluarch architecture + interior + lighting
Development InternBookmark This
Neighborhood Development Company
3232 Georgia Ave, NW Suite 100
Posted: April 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCapital markets would look for a student for whom this summer is between either their (i) freshman and sophomore or (ii) sophomore and junior years. I would make it clear that the job is designed to be introductory and to help them get a sense of the industry - particularly development generally, investment specifically, and the DC market as context - while building technical investing skills.
- Evaluate potential transactions, their capital needs, target providers, and scheduling. Produce marketing materials that address each group's needs.
- Create transaction-level record of firm's history of equity investment by gathering and analyzing data from internal systems, meeting with employees, building Excel database, designing and running reports, etc.
- Identify potential equity and debt investors in projects based on internet research, conversations with industry peers, etc. Prioritize findings and develop database
- Raw aptitude, demonstrable via GPA (at least 3.50), SATs (at least 1400), competitiveness of college, rigor of major, etc.
- Successfully completed coursework: financial and managerial accounting, corporate finance. Ideally, also completed a real estate course.
- Record of leadership and achievement, demonstrable via positions held, goals achieved, awards won, etc.
- Some demonstrable interest in real estate