Globe intGlobes Int
DESIGNBOOM architecture editorial internship in new york!designboom
SEEKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANTTurnKey Art Solutions
Personal Assistant WantedVara Fine Arts
Architect & Design Interns Needed ASAP!Mod Construction
Executive/Personal AssistantValley House Gallery
Architectural Designer Intern/Partner (Real Estate Development)New York Equity Group
Architecture International Internship *IN MALTA, EUROPE*Bookmark This
Posted: September 13 2016
Company Location: London, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 10 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInternshipGuru helps undergraduates and graduates bridge the gap between university and employment, by providing specialised international internship programmes, which equip students with the perfect mix of work experience, personal development and cultural experiences.
Responsibilities• Prepare architectural drawings for development and construction applications, showing internal and external layouts of new and proposed buildings
• Analyse architects’ and building designers’ concepts, and prepare preliminary sketches and detailed drawings
• Produce designs, detailed drawings and documentation using manual or computer-aided technology
• Prepare drawings showing site layouts, proposed site layouts, site analysis, floor plans, elevations, sections, three-dimensional images, materials and finishes, as well as other aspects such as joinery detailing, construction details, lighting layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping
• Select quality of materials needed, taking into consideration the material and labour costs, as well as construction completion dates
• Prepare building specifications for building documentation to suit individual clients and tendering purposes
• Represent or assist architects or building designers on building sites to ensure plans and specifications are followed
• Liaise with relevant public sector organisations and specialist consultants (such as engineers, town planners and building surveyors)
• Examine relevant Acts, regulations, codes, standards and by-laws in the course of undertaking project documentation.