Art/Design Intern for Fashion Product CompanyBookmark This
Sasha Bella LLC
DescriptionSasha Bella, LLC
About our Art/Design Internship:
We are offering either (a) a home/work exchange program where an intern would have full room and board in the Washington, DC area in exchange for working 9am-5pm weekdays, or (b) a non-paid internship work experience. We can work out a schedule that works best for both of us if we determine we are a great fit! Interns will learn what its like to start and run an American start-up small business and will have the opportunity to work closely with the owner, US contractors, and customers.
Now that Sasha Bella LLC has successfully launched and filed a patent with the US Patent and Trademark office for our project Brobow, we must spread the word and let people know about us! That is where your key activities come in! We will need you to help to draw or create fabric patterns for clients or leads that request custom made samples/products. This internship will enable you to create and execute/test some of your own ideas/artwork/creativity/talent in the market place.
Sasha Bella, LLC (creator of Brobows) is a charity committed, local Maryland small business creating multi-functional accessories that use innovative earth magnetic technology to allow you to wear each piece however and wherever you imagine! Men are lovable with the company's hand-made, US Patent and Trademark patent pending invention, Brobows. With Brobows, southern charm is accessible to all men of the family by providing them the first ever 007 snappable, pocketable magnetic bow tie! Sasha Bella LLC's mission is to create products that make fashion functional and enable people to get dressed faster so they have more time with family and friends. The company gives back with the charity Sahasra Deepika Foundation, which provides education to children in need. All products are made in the USA.
- drawing objects, animals (e.g. Labrador, Lacrosse stick), etc that we will scan and use on our fabric patterns
- scan and incorporate your drawings, add colors, shading in design software program, OR digitally design patterns on deign software program, e.g. photoshop
- photoshop/design software layering and pattern tile creation (I will show you how to create a tile or pattern, but you need some experience in photoshop or other design software to complete this task)
(I will show you fabrics we've made in the past and I will give you an introduction of what we need for each pattern; it is then up to you to go off on your own to create a few ideas for a pattern and present it; we will iterate until its right and print or approve it for/with clients)
Requirements- photoshop, illustrator, or design software experience
- an aptitude, interest, or knowledge for art and design
- outgoing and easy to work with
- strong organizational skills and an understanding of how to prioritize daily work