Artistic Planning InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street
DescriptionSummary: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Artistic Planning department. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
What you will learn:
• The planning and execution process of programs and concerts administered by the Artistic Planning Department.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will do:
• Assist with the administrative and logistical coordination of The Philadelphia Orchestra’s concerts and presentations.
• Work with Artistic staff to communicate with internal and external partners.
• Assist with guest artist needs, including arranging transportation from/to hotel and hall and setting up dressing rooms.
• Participate in concert duty rotation and provide backstage support for guest artists.
• Work with Artistic staff on visa applications for guest artists.
• Assist with basic administrative support with the Artistic staff on artist contracts.
• Assist with basic administrative support in processing artist fee payments.
• Assist with special projects, such as audition coordination, ancillary activities planning and execution.
• Assist with managing artist score and music material submissions.
• Complete special projects that would enhance the internship experience.
• Provide administrative support for department staff as needed.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database programs with a strong ability to learn and grasp new computer programs quickly.
5. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
6. Strong interpersonal skills.
7. Able to commit to internship term (October to early January) and available approximately 24 hours per week of time including some evenings and weekends for concert and/or event duty.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter and 2 writing samples to: email@example.com
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107