Arts Administration and Development InternshipBookmark This
A Mile In My Shoes, Inc.
DescriptionA Mile In My Shoes, Inc. (AMIMS) is a nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to use the arts as a platform to address a diverse array of modern, social issues. By creating a compelling and engaging series of concerts, theater productions, films, talks, and forums each addressing a modern social issue, we aim to motivate our audiences to action.
AMIMS is seeking an arts administration and development intern for our 2013/2014 season. This internship is an incredible opportunity to work with experienced theater, music and film professionals, while also offering hands-on experience fundraising for a variety of artistic events.
ResponsibilitiesThe arts administration and development intern would be responsible for the following:
- Research grants online to collect relevant information
- Attend grant workshops and information sessions
- Draft letters of inquiry
- Proofread and compile information for proposals
- Reach out to potential sponsors via proposals, emails and letters
- Generate solicitation and acknowledgement letters
- Report on online donations using Fractured Atlas
- Setup and manage online crowdfunding campaigns, (Fractured Atlas, Indiegogo)
- Schedule and attend staff meetings
- Attend meetings with potential sponsors or partners
- Collaborate with other interns and volunteer staff to provide general support
RequirementsThe ideal intern will desire a well-rounded, hands-on experience in arts administration and fundraising and have a passion for art and community collaboration. This internship requires flexibility, great attention to detail but also the ability to lead and take ownership of new projects. Course credit will be provided.
This is an unpaid internship and most of the work would be done remotely from home. We have weekly meetings and attendance at events is required.