Chelsea Gallery seeking an intern for exhibitions, fairs and moreBookmark This
Emmanuel Fremin Gallery
547 west 27 street
New York, NY
DescriptionEmmanuel Fremin Gallery in Chelsea New York City is looking for a part time Gallery Intern working towards Gallery Assistant.
We are seeking for now with a first job position for the upcoming Downtown Fair on May 8th.
This person will provide support by managing administrative tasks such as communication, correspondence, schedule, and supporting with pre- and post-sales and exhibition-related activities. The ideal candidate must have a thick skin to remain calm in any situation and work under pressure.
This candidate is highly organized, detail oriented and energetic. Flexibility, enthusiasm, good writing and computer skills are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Social media maintenance and website incl. Photographing exhibitions and events
• Basic accounting
• Artbase and website maintenance
• Orders supplies and materials required for each exhibition
• Arranges for art transport and maintains safety of artwork throughout installation periods and during exhibitions.
• Maintains proper upkeep of the gallery
• Writing press releases and artist biographies
• Receiving visitors
• Answering phones
• Updating inventory and mailing list databases
• General back office gallery work Additional responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor's degree
• Related work experience, art experience in an art gallery preferred
• Ability to work effectively and keep a positive attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs and basic website programming, social media etc.
• Detail oriented and organized; ability to work with limited budgets and within deadlines.
• Willingness to pitch in on varied tasks as needed. Flexible and resourceful; ability to improvise and problem solve efficiently.
• Knowledge of contemporary art a plus
Some evening (openings or events) and Saturday work required, particularly during installation periods between exhibitions.