Clay Studio internBookmark This
Canvas & Clay
1804 B Pacific Coast Hwy
Redondo Beach, CA
DescriptionOur Fine Art drawing, painting & clay programs teach students ages 4-adult the fundamentals of art through the exploration of various media in relaxing and creative studio environments.
Students young and old explore a wide array of media in our drawing program, such as graphite, charcoal, pen and ink, pastels, colored pencils, and more. Once proficient in their drawing skills, each student progresses into various painting media, including watercolor, acrylic, and oil. Students receive extensive hands-on instruction in the use of each medium, including color-mixing, painting techniques, and the proper use and care of materials.
In our clay studio the sky’s the limit – if you can imagine it, we will help you create it. We offer hand building and wheel throwing classes in our beautiful state of the art space, where unlimited combinations of clay and glazes are available to our student & professional artists. Weekly classes are available as well as single day workshops, so that even the busiest mother, teen, or ten year old can experience the therapeutic magic of creating a masterpiece from a ball of mud.
Our cheerful and caring staff implement an individualized approach, taking each students’ unique abilities and interests into consideration. As a result, each student receives a customized approach to learning technical and artistic skills, while gaining patience, the ability to focus, and pride and confidence in their work.
We are looking for a passionate intern for our Clay studio. As our program grows we need to bring someone on board who is looking to evolve with the company. This is a non-paid volunteer position.
Responsibilities- Support and assist Clay program coordinator
- Assist in studio maintenance (cleaning, clay recycling, kiln firing, re-stocking, glaze preparation)
- Assist in community out reach (flier distribution, informational booths)
- Assist teachers during events, classes, and workshops
Requirements- Studio Arts, Education, Child Development, Art History, Communications Majors (preferred)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Pottery Wheel and Hand building techniques