Fall Semester Game Art InternshipBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionArkadium, a leading game developer in NYC, is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Art team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, creative and dynamic person looking to gain industry experience.
In order to be eligible for consideration, all candidates must be currently enrolled students, receiving school credit for the internship and be a U.S. citizen.
This is an amazing opportunity to:
• Assist with art that will be seen by millions
• Participate in Brainstorms where we come up with the next hit game
• Familiarize yourself with how an online casual game is created from start to finish
• Gain valuable knowledge and experience in the Gaming Industry
In addition to this unique internship opportunity, we offer:
• A Metro Card and/or commuting reimbursements.
• This is an unpaid internship, but we offer an opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus.
• A unique culture of fun, teamwork and did we mention, FUN!
• A hands-on opportunity to make an impact on Arkadium’s growth.
• A beautiful studio located in Silicon Alley, just blocks away from Union Square, Madison Square Park and so much more!
• We must see samples of your work - please include a link to your portfolio!
Check out Facebook.com/ArkadiumInsideAccess for the inside scoop on what it's like to work at our office!
Apply via our website: http://www.arkadium.com/company/internships. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
RequirementsIn order to be successful in this role, you need a combination of the following skills:
• Graphic design skills including
• Knowledge of Photoshop or Flash
• 3d experience in 3ds Max or Maya
• Animation skills 3d or 2d
• Layout and UI design
• Digital painting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Creativity and ability to generate original ideas
• A passion to create fun games!