Fine Arts / Gallery InternBookmark This
659 Auburn Ave. Suite 505
DescriptionModern Now Gallery, located in the Old 4th Ward looking for interns. Our internship program provides opportunities to work on projects directed by a Gallery Director/Curator. Modern Now Gallery will introduce interns to the broad spectrum of gallery operations including; curating shows with local artists, becoming acquainted with artwork, artbooks and journals from the mid-century, assisting with shipping artworks and receiving an overall experience in a Gallery.
Responsibilities- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists and the general public
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Assisting in daily sales shipping of Books and Artworks.
- Working on inventory and posting to multiple online platforms
Requirements- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Be Organized and flexible
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Preferred experienced individuals with a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, basic HTML, MS Office Suite