Fine Arts / Gallery InternBookmark This
Bird Rock Arts Gallery
5785 La Jolla Boulevard, La Jolla, CA 92037
La Jolla, CA
DescriptionLocated at 5785 La Jolla Boulevard, Suite B, La Jolla, CA, Bird Rock Arts is a gallery and art studio where you can watch artists at work. The Gallery collaborates with painters, jewelers, sculptors and photographers to amaze the community with their craft.
Because it is proven that creating art betters physical and mental health, Bird Rock Arts has created workshops that mix art, relaxation techniques, meeting great people and bringing beautiful pieces of work home. A variety of workshops and events are scheduled throughout the week. Each class has been developed to boost attendant's self-esteem and help uncover hidden talents.
Bird Rock Arts is a big believer in helping women in the community. We want to encourage and support the transfer of goods and services to benefit others. We believe that educational and professional growth are powerful agents in the battle to eradicate domestic violence. We use the voice of art to provide workshops that empower women.
The gallery also offers a special workshop for senior citizens and cancer patients. The workshop was created because art increases awareness of self and others, helps cope with symptoms, stress and traumatic experiences. We nurture a fun and gentle atmosphere that will bring happiness to their lives.
The Bird Rock Gallery fosters all types of art, welcomes creativity and encourages artists to apply for exhibitions.
Responsibilities- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists and the general public
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Maintain website, blog and social media networks
- Handle and curate valuable artwork
Requirements- Studio Arts, Marketing, Business/Accounting, Art History, Communications Majors (preferred)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- Demonstrates attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, basic HTML, MS Office Suite