Gallery Relations InternshipBookmark This
Parkhurst Galleries, Inc.
439 W. 6th Street
San Pedro, CA
DescriptionThe Internship offers professional curatorial experience in a prestigious Fine Art Gallery. You will gain detailed knowledge of visual arts programming, through supporting the development and production of exhibitions with renowned and local artists. You will also acquire curatorial skills by assisting with marketing and communications, general gallery operations, business management, and other specific projects assigned by our curators. This is a part-time internship with flexible hours.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include:
• Managing artwork inquiries and sales initiatives
• Assist with all aspects of creating and running an art class, which includes planning, set up and break down
• Conduct research to identify prospective partners and participants
• Organize materials related to Master Artists
• Support marketing and communications
• Assist with marketing tactics and communications to support program visibility, including e-newsletter, print mailings, publications, etc.
• Research and execute social media strategy, including monitoring (Yelp etc.)
• Support general gallery operations and business management
• Maintenance of the gallery, including staffing front desk when needed
• Assist in the coordination of special events, such as receptions, public programs, artist talks and tours
• Maintaining the quality and accuracy of artwork information in our growing database
RequirementsWe're looking for people who are passionate about learning to run a professional Art Gallery
The ideal candidate is:
• A junior, senior, or recent graduate who has completed advanced coursework towards a BA in Art History, Art Appreciation (or related subject) and/or Business (Marketing emphasis)
• Actively engaged with the fine art world
• Tenacious and cares deeply about the details
Cover letter (Please state your reasons for wanting to participate in the Parkhurst internship program). Please explain how such an experience will help to further your education and career plans. Please outline your abilities, interests, and career goals.